I'm Working On A Dream, Mixed Media, Suzanne Lewis © 2010

You can see more of my work on my website at http://www.suzannelewis.com All images © Suzanne Lewis 2011

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cultivating Penguins


This week's Illustration Friday word is "cultivate." Since I'm working on a penguin picture book, I've been cultivating penguins left and right. They are such little characters. These are South African penguins and Rockhopper penguins (the ones with the crazy hairdo). I visited 3 aquariums in the past couple of months and took lots of photos for reference. The New Orleans aquarium, Monterey Bay aquarium and the California Academy of Science aquarium- all are wonderful. These guys are from the New Orleans Audubon Aquarium of the Americas. Bunny, Fanny, Ernie, Dennis (rockHOPPER ha), Fanny and Rocky.

8 comments:

Silent said...

Your penguins are great!

Sarah Melling said...

What expressive penguins!

kasia said...

I love your penguins!

Linda Hensley said...

Love the expressiveness!

Hayden said...

Don't know if you knew this, but I absolutely love penguins. Love them. Can't wait to see your book.

Anonymous said...

OMG! These penguins are the most adorable birds ever!! I'm with Hayden, can't wait to see your book!

MrBibleHead said...

I’m a little late (I was on vacation) but I’m glad I stopped by. I love you penguins and your guys are supreme! Nice one Suzanne! God bless.

Unknown said...

I love these Penguins!