I'm Working On A Dream, Mixed Media, Suzanne Lewis © 2010

You can see more of my work on my website at http://www.suzannelewis.com All images © Suzanne Lewis 2011

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I'm Working On A Dream


I'm working on an idea for a children's picture book. It's based on a true story I heard while staying out at the dune shack this past fall. Those of you who've read my book, Dune Shack Summer, know I was awarded an artist-in-residency a few summers ago at a rustic dune shack on the Cape Cod National Seashore. No neighbors, electricity or running water but the shack is only 100 yards from the Atlantic and I couldn't have been happier. Anyway, this fall when I had the opportunity to be there again, I was curious where all the field mice had gone because the first summer the brazen little things had taken over. I was told that a couple of weasels had moved in. Ahhhh, the food chain, I mean the circle of life. I'll be posting some more sketches here soon.

1 comment:

mary beth said...

love this idea!!!
Brings awareness to the Dune Shacks, which I'd never heard of or seen, before reading Dune Shack Summer, (a book I'd already shared with anyone I know with artistic inclinations because it's SO inspiring!)

Now I'm intrigued to hear what happens next & can't wait to share this book with all the 'kid artists/ naturalists, (in other words, every kid I know) in my life.